Thursday, October 27, 2016

Conversation

Who is in the bathroom?
It is a weekday morning. Downstair Mrs. Faujiah is asking Mr. Fauji what he wants for breakfast.
Mrs. Faujiah : Fauji. Do you want an egg for breakfast?
Mr. Fauji : I want the newspaper and a cup of coffea .
Mrs. Faujiah : Or cornflakes?
Mr. Fauji : Where is it?
Mrs. Faujiah : Or toast?
Mr. Fauji : Faujiah, where’s the newspaper?
Mrs. Faujiah : I don’t know.
Mr. Fauji : Oh.
Mrs. Faujiah : Fauji ! Do you want an egg, cornflakes or toast?
Mr. Fauji : (He looks vague.) Yes. That’s a very good idea.
(Upstairs Imam is waiting outside the bathroom. The door is shut and he can’t get in. Then Ulfah comes along.)
Ulfah : Oh! Hello.
Imam : Hello, Ulfah. Do you want a bath?
Ulfah : Yes. Who is in the bathroom?
Imam : I don’t know.
Ulfah : Is it Ted?
Imam : I don’t think so. He’s running at this time, usually.
Ulfah : Oh yes.
Imam : if it isn’t Ted, it’s Anna.
Ulfah : Why don’t you knock on the door and ask?
Imam : Me?
Ulfah : Yes. It’s late.
Imam : Oh, all right. ( He knocks on the door.) Ann?
Anna : (She speaks from behind them.) : Hello?
Imam : It’s  late.
Anna : Yes, it is.
(Imam and Ulfah turn round and see Anna in her uniform.)
Ulfah : Oh! You’re there. You’re not in the bathromm.
Anna : No. what’s the matter?
Ulfah : Someone’s in the bathroom.
Imam : Ted !
Ulfah : I suppose so.
Anna : Doesn’t Ted go out running?
Imam : Yes, he does. But he can’t be running this morning. (He knocks on the door.) Ted!
Anna : Do you think he’s all right?
Imam : I hope so.
Anna : Let me knock. (She knocks on the door.) There’s something the matter !
Ulfah : Yes, there is.
Imam : Stand back…
Anna : Be careful !
Imam : It’s all right. I’m good at opening doors. One…two…three…now! (He runs at the door.) Ouch !
Ulfah : (Laughing.) Oh, Mark!
Anna : Are you hurt? Let me see ! Don’t move Imam. Careful.
(Mr. fauji comes along)
Mr. Fauji : What’s the matter?
Ulfah : Mark is hurt.
Imam : It doesn’t matter. I’m all right.
Anna : Ted’s in the bathroom.
Ulfah : yes, maybe he is in the bathroom But he doesn’t answer.
Anna : We can’t hear him at all.
Mr. Fauji : That’s strange and terrible. (He looks through the keyhole.) Ted! Can you hear me?
Anna : Can you hear anything?
Mr. Fauji : I can hear you talking.
Anna : Oh, sorry.
(Ted comes into the house. He comes up the stairs and stands behind them. Ulfah sees him first.)
Ulfah : Ted!
Imam : Sh! Don’t talk.
Ulfah : But he’s here.
Ted : What’s the matter?  (The others look round.)
Mr. Fauji : Ted!
Imam : You are not in the bathroom .
Ted : Of course I’m not in the bathroom. I’m here.
Ulfah : what?. Now you are here But I don’t understand. If Ted is here. Who is in the bathroom now ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Persamaan Bahasa Arab dengan Bahasa Indonesia

Persamaan Bahasa Arab dengan Bahasa Indonesia           Banyak dari kosakata bahasa Indonesia yang merupakan hasil serapan dari...