Thursday, October 27, 2016

The example of Conversation

Alfi’s Father
Fauji, Imamul and arifin are having their breakfast. Alfi comes into the room. He is holding a letter.
Alfi : Hello, everybody.
Arifin : Helo.
Imamul : There’s a letter for you – Oh,you’ve got it.
Alfi : Yes, thanks, Imamul. The letter which is from my father, comes from Soreang.
Fauji : I can never read my father’s letters.
Imamul : Why’s that, Fauji?
Fauji ; He is a doctor. His writing is terrible.
Alfi: Your father’s a doctor?
Fauji : Yes. My father who works as a doctor, writes something complicatedly.
Imamul : What’s your father, Arifin?
Arifin : He’s got a shop. He sells newspapers, magazines, books, sweets, ices—everything.
Imamul : Is it a big shop?
Arifin : The shop that is managed by my father include three assistants.
Alfi : Three assistants?
Fauji : What’s your father, Imamul?
Imamul : He works in an office.
Alfi : Has he got a secretary?
Imamul : Two secretaries, I think.
Alfi : Two secretaries! Hmm.
Imamul : What’s your father’s job, Alfi?
Alfi : He’s… er… he’s a builder.
Arifin : A builder?
Imamul : Has he got a big office?
Alfi : Yes, of course ! Two offices ! He’s coming to Bandung.
Imamul : We can meet him.
Alfi : No ! I mean… yes. (Miserably) Yes. You can meet him on Saturday when he is here
(On Saturday Mr Agus is putting a new carpet on the floor.)
Mrs. Agus : Oh, that is nice !
Mr. Agus: Yes ! All right, eh? There. I’ll close the door, and you can see it properly.
Mrs. Agus : It’s very good. But can I go out now?
Mr. Agus : Oh, yes. Of course you can. (He tries to open the door.) Oh…
Mrs. Agus : Oh dear. Can’t you open the door?
Mr. Agus : Of course I can. Just a minute—
Mrs. Agus : No ! Careful !
Mr.Agus : But we can’t get out !
Mrs. Agus : The carpet…
Mr. Agus : The carpet !
Mrs. Agus : Yes. You can take it away and then we can get out.
Mr. Agus : Take it away ! But… Oh, all right.
(He pulls up the carpet and opens the door.)
Mrs. Agus : Thank you.
Mr. Agus : That’s all right.
(Upstairs Alfi goes into the common room.)
Imamul : Hello, Alfi. (Alfi switches off the record player.) Hey you can’t do that.
Alfi : Oh yes I can. It’s Saturday. Go out. Go to a dance, or the pictures. Do something.
Imamul : I am doing something which someone in the world likes too, thank you ! I’m listening to music.
(She starts the record player again.)
Alfi : Fauji! You can’t paint there !
Fauji : Oh yes I can.
Arifin : What’s the matter, Alfi?
Alfi : Arifin ! What are you doing?
Arifin : I mend my clothes which is broken.
Alfi : Can’t you take them to your room?
Arifin : No. I’ve got all my things here.
(Downstairs, in the hall…)
Mrs. Agus : What are you doing now, Agus ?
Mr. Agus : I’m taking the door off, of course. Help ! It’s falling !
(The doorbell rings. Mrs Agus answer it.)
Mrs. Agus : Oh ! Good evening !
Mr. Joko : Evening ! Mrs. Agus?
Mrs. Agus : Yes…?
Mr. Agus : (The door is falling over.) Can someone please help me !)
(Mr. Joko comes into the hall. He holds the door up.)
Mr. Joko : Okay. Have you got a screw driver ?
Mr. Agus : Yes.
Mr. Joko : Put it under there.
Mr. Agus : Thank you, Mr.—er-- ?
Mr. Joko : Joko. How do you do? I’m Alfi’s father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Persamaan Bahasa Arab dengan Bahasa Indonesia

Persamaan Bahasa Arab dengan Bahasa Indonesia           Banyak dari kosakata bahasa Indonesia yang merupakan hasil serapan dari...